It is so cool and we got a tour which was ok. We took lots of pictures and we also got to go into the House of Representatives. We never got to see them in action because we went early. O I forgot to mention when I woke up it was raining, it was warm rain as-well. We were in Virginia at the time . Luckly, my friends Aunt is a representative so I got to meet her which was pretty cool. After we saw the Capitol we went to the Holocost Museum.
Now this place was all about Hitler and what he did and what he did. This place made everyone upset people were even crying. It was very emotional, the quotes and pictures and the real live objects just affected you in some way. I have to say though, for a extremely tired eighth grader this place was so interesting. I got to see people's emotions which was a new thing for me (to see people from my school have emotions)
This is defiantly a place to go before you die, seriously. Now I don't cry for anything except passed away loved ones so I did not cry but I was torn inside. It is hard to explain his actual experience. You just need to experience it yourself.
After all of the emotions we went for dinner and all of us were just shocked and it was close to silent with quiet murmers from our school and loud annoying girls from the other girls. After dinner our emotions did not just stop there we then went to this wall.
This wall had all of the veterans who died or were missing names on it. Again most of the eighth grade was shocked. We all realized that there were soooo many names up there, on that wall it was amazing. Seriously go see this!!
We then saw the World war 2 memorial which is so cool. There is a fountain in the middle and the 50 states names in a circle and right behind it is another monumental structure. Please go to Washington it is worth it.
Good night :) (for me)
No comments:
Post a Comment